this is how we work
- You send us an email indicating what you would be interested in. We would appreciate if you’re letting us know about your experience with cats in general or bengals in particular.
- After the birth of a litter, we contact individuals who have previously registered to our kitten updates (see below). In addition to this, you can also actively approach us.
- If you wish, you can make an appointment to visit (when the kittens are
approx 2-3 weeks). We can also send you photos and/or videos of the kitten.
- We fully reserve the right at all times to determine who will be the final new owner of the kitten.
- Registration via email is without obligation for both parties and you cannot derive any rights or preference from it.
- There may be multiple interested parties with whom we are in contact at the same time about the same litter and kitten.
- Scheduling a visit is not a reservation or commitment of a kitten.
- If after digital or personal contact you have been able to make a choice and we have offered you the kitten you can reserve the kitten by making a deposit.
- Until a final reservation is made, there is no commitment of a kitten. A kitten reservation is not final until we have received the deposit.
- Even after the down payment, situations may arise that force us to cancel the sale. In that case, we will return the deposit to you in its entirety.
- We strive to keep you involved in your kitten’s development until it reaches 12-13 weeks of age, at which time you can come and pick it up. We do this by sending weekly photos, taking videos and telling stories on social media.
- When picking up, papers will be handed over (pedigree, passport, contract, information on caring for your kitten), please see below)
- After the kitten has moved to you, we love to hear back from you and receive pictures and stories back.
- Kittens purchased as pets must be neutered and spayed and no litters can be bred with these cats. For this purpose, see our contract as well