this is how we work
- You send us an email indicating what you would be interested in. We would appreciate your letting us know about your experience with cats in general or bengal in particular.
- After the birth of a litter, we contact individuals who have previously registered to our kitten updates (see below). In addition to this, you can also actively approach us.
- If you wish, you can make an appointment to visit (when the kittens are
approx 2-3 weeks). We can also send you photos and/or videos of the kitten.
- We fully reserve the right at all times to determine who will be the final new owner of the kitten.
- Registration via email is without obligation for both parties and you cannot derive any rights or preference from it.
- There may be multiple interested parties with whom we are in contact at the same time about the same litter and kitten.
- Scheduling a visit is not a reservation or commitment of a kitten.
- If after digital or personal contact you have been able to make a choice and we have offered you the kitten you can reserve the kitten by making a deposit.
- Until a final reservation is made, there is no commitment of a kitten. A kitten reservation is not final until we have received the deposit.
- Even after the down payment, situations may arise that force us to cancel the sale. In that case, we will return the deposit to you in its entirety.
- We strive to keep you involved in your kitten’s development until it reaches 12-13 weeks of age, at which time you can come and pick it up. We do this by sending weekly photos, taking videos and telling stories on social media.
- When picking up, papers will be handed over (pedigree, passport, contract, information on caring for your kitten), please see below)
- After the kitten has moved to you, we love to hear back from you and receive pictures and stories back.
- Kittens purchased as pets must be neutered and spayed and no litters can be bred with these cats. For this purpose, see our contract as well